Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mixed Water

I had been crying for so long now
and for some reason it had been raining everyday
It would seem that the sky was my only companion
Whenever I left the house my tears and the sky's became one
Sharing the same sorrow and pain
Salty and sweet, all at once
The earth was drowning
So I lift up my head and looked at the clouds
I run towards the sea and let myself fall
Ready to end it
I couldn't feel the embrace of salt water 
Instead I  was lift up by a cloud
It took my where I needed to go
Remind me of my long forgotten dreams
The sky didn't shed another tear that day
The green wasn't under water
and so it lay me on a bed of grass
Slowly
Gently
Painless
I closed my eyes at the cloud with a smile
and I knew I wouldn't cry for me tonight

and neither would the sky.   

No comments:

Post a Comment